Mālama Kaua`i is looking for a Garden Intern to support the maintenance and growth of an edible schoolyard for Mala`ai Kula,
Kaua`i’s Hawaiian Charter School Farm-to-School Pilot. This role is primarily hands-on, with opportunities to get involved with agriculture projects and work with students. Duties include:
• Garden and orchard maintenance and landscaping
• Harvesting produce for use in school lunches
• Building and irrigation projects
• Assisting with garden-curriculum integration, and helping teachers with garden classes.
• Comfortable with and excited about working outside
• Experience working with children is a plus
• Local applicants must be 18+ and income eligible.
For current Kaua`i residents, the position is 19 hours per week at $9.25 per hour up to 6 months.
For off-island applicants, this position is available as an unpaid internship. Off-island applicants must be able to financially secure housing and travel on island (best fit for students who have a for-credit paid internship program through their school, internship scholarship/stipend, etc.) Hours per week are flexible within the timeframe of M-F 8a-4:30p.
HOW TO APPLY