OTM is Seeking a Coalition Coordinator to advance our Transit and Racial Justice work in Greater Boston
The OTM Coordinator serves as staff to the coalition under the direction of the coalition’s Steering Committee, and supervised by Executive Committee chairperson.
Coordinator job responsibilities:
– Coordinate, organize, and facilitate coalition meetings and events.
– Plan and coordinate campaigns, grassroots outreach, education, and policy initiatives.
– Represent OTM at public meetings, with political leaders, and at community events.
– Strengthen and grow OTM membership, Steering Committee, and allies.
– Assist with fundraising, grant writing, and reports to funders.
– Facilitate communication between member organizations and the media of unified OTM positions.
– Develop, monitor, and manage adherence to annual budget.
– Recruit, train, and manage interns and volunteers.
– Perform miscellaneous duties as required.
Position requirements—We are looking for a dynamic detailed-oriented coordinator who will utilize the energy found in the OTM coalition to advance and exceed our goals. It calls for a person who is self-motivated, highly organized, and systems oriented.
– Experience facilitating meetings, organizing events, and giving presentations to a wide variety of audiences.
– Solid computer skills (familiar with Microsoft Office, Internet, and databases).
– Familiarity with state and municipal politics and relationships with elected leaders in Greater Boston
– Familiarity with public transit systems, transportation funding and policy, civil rights and racial equity, Boston metropolitan area, and environmental justice issues.
– Ability to work with individuals from diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
– Understanding of racial equity and impact on transportation and neighborhoods on Greater Boston
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– 3 years of full-time work experience and coordination of coalitions and campaigns desired
Salary information This is a full-time position. Salary range is negotiable depending on experience. Benefits include health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, paid vacation days, and a T pass.
On the Move (OTM) is a coalition of nine community based organizations in Greater Boston that came together in 2000 to advocate for transportation justice.
OTM is committed to providing and building a culturally diverse coalition staff and leadership as we advance our racial equity and justice work in Greater Boston. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply!
For more information about OTM, visit http://www.bostononthemove.org.//
How to apply
Instructions for applying To apply please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com.
Please highlight relevant experience, and your vision for what you would bring to OTM.
Deadline to apply: February 26, 2016
Target start date: March 28, 2016