Seeking a qualified and experienced individual to work with a team of professionals that are working together to transform the lives of “at-risk¨ young adults in the South Bay and South Los Angeles areas. If you like working with young adults (16-24 years of age) to help improve their leadership and life skills and at the same time earn their high school diploma and learn valuable job readiness skills through a construction or computer technology career pathway….then, this is a great opportunity for you! Please only SERIOUS and QUALIFIED applicants.
CCEO YouthBuild is an innovative program designed to provide “at risk” youth aged 16-24 that reside in the Los Angeles area with preparation leading to a High School diploma, , Life Skills and Leadership Development training concurrently with vocational and hands-on training in construction trades and computer technologies.
The Case Manager shall report to the Senior Case Manager and provide the following services to a caseload of program members: supportive counseling, supportive services, character development, job development, educational tutoring, case management and referrals to outside resources. Additional responsibilities for this position shall include, but not be limited to, assisting with development of effective life skills, positive leadership skills, the skills necessary to set and achieve short and long term goals, overcome barriers to success, become self sufficient and resolve conflict.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
CCEO YouthBuild’s Case Manager’s duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Provide case management to a caseload of 20-30 students, aged 16-24, in CCEO YouthBuild’s construction program;
• Implement all required Department of Labor case management practices with each student which includes but is not limited to an intake/assessment, individualized development plan, ongoing case notes and data entry into DOL MIS database
• Maintain student files for each participant that is compliance with DOL standards
• Assist student with achieving literacy and numeracy gains
• Track and ensure completion of students’ earning a construction certification and/or high school diploma
• Follow up for students nine months after program completion
• Social service advocacy as needed
• Develops relationships with YB members, including an understanding of their outside supports, to identify program completion hurdles and resource needs.
• Communicates these needs and appropriate information within the YB team to provide most effective service delivery possible.
• Develops and maintains relationships with outside wraparound support services to ensure continuity of support.
• Assist in the planning and implementation of a life skills curriculum
• Assist students in gaining career development and college readiness skills
• Assists in the implementation of a leadership curriculum and weekly student clubs
• Obtain all necessary program eligibility documents from students
• Documentation and data entry in a variety of data systems that track program implementation.
• Assists in the recruitment, eligibility determination, selection process and orientation of construction students
• Maintains accurate and concise reports as needed.
• Maintains open communication with the YB team including regular updates and attendance at YB case conferences and staff meetings.
• Participate in community service activities and attends staff retreats as required.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Salary range from $2,700 to $3,200 per month depending upon qualifications. Includes a comprehensive benefit package of medical, dental, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. Deferred compensation and pension programs are also available.
Bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology or related discipline is preferred. Two years of experience providing counseling and case management to a young adult population. Experience must include: individual and group counseling, leadership development training, job readiness/job development, life skills training and volunteer activities. Experience providing crisis intervention and conflict resolution is preferred.
How to apply
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com