Position Description & Overview
Are you passionate about the power of data? Have you had experience with Raiser’s Edge or a similar fundraising or CRM database? The award-winning Hands On Children’s Museum seeks a self-motivated and detailed-oriented individual to join the development team and serve as the Altru Database Manager. This key position works across departments to manage 45,000 constituent records including Museum members, donors and visitors. This position ensures excellent data integrity and accuracy, and uses best practices for gift entry, gift & pledge processing, invoicing, data queries and reports. We’re looking for an administrative professional who thrives on working in a fast-paced environment, is a great communicator, works well with others, and takes pride in a job well-done!
Donor Records & Gift Processing
· Maintain accurate donor records and analyze data for campaigns, events and marketing efforts
· Manage all aspects of gift recording, including gift entry, gift processing, invoicing and gift acknowledgement
· Supervise part-time and volunteer support.
Database Integrity & Training
· Serve as the internal Altru Database expert and maintain data accuracy and integrity among all departments; troubleshoots data questions and issues
· Supervises the training of all Altru users to ensure that best practices are followed and data integrity is maintained; maintains updated procedures
· Runs regular reports and queries for database clean-up efforts and streamline data processes to improve data flow
· Serves as the primary liason between the Museum and the software provider Blackbaud and trains and supports staff and volunteers in the use of the Altru database
Membership Renewals & Marketing Support
· Builds new program offerings in the database to enable on-line sales.
· Creates mailing lists based on parameters for direct mail projects, membership renewals and various mailing campaigns
· Oversees the exporting of email sign-ups from the website to Altru
· Responsible for coordinating with Finance to track and prepare invoices for donor sponsorships, gifts, pledges and payment plans
· Coordinates regular credit card processing of donor payments
· In partnership with the business manager provides all reports/queries required for financial reconciliation between departments
HOW TO APPLY