SEIU United Healthcare Workers-West (SEIU-UHW), a progressive and growing union, has 150,000 members in California. We are caregivers from every sector of the industry, united to win better care for our patients and better lives for our families and ourselves. For further information about UHW, please visit our website: www.seiu-uhw.org.
We are seeking an individual to join the Political Department of this dynamic and fast- moving organization. 2015 is a very exciting, demanding and challenging year for us; and we are looking for someone who can hit the ground running in providing support for the multiple relational databases SEIU-UHW uses. This position is located in our Oakland, Sacramento, or Los Angeles office and reports to a Political Coordinator.
Major Areas of Responsibility
· Create universes and lists from PDI, VAN, or Salesforce
· Interact with membership information from our own SQL server
· Support Regional Political Organizers and other staff in their organizing work and skill building
· Pull, analyze and compile results
· Write queries and create reports
· Author election analysis- before, during, and after elections
Other Areas of Responsibility
· Provide some user support in Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and GoogleDocs
· Ability to work long and varying hours, including weekends, nights and holidays
· Other duties as assigned
How to apply
SEIU-UHW is an affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or disability. Please submit cover letter and resume with at least three references to firstname.lastname@example.org; reference “Political Data Analyst” in subject line.