Weill Cornell Medicine’s Office of External Affairs is seeking a Media Assistant to join our Communications team. This is a temporary position for six months.
Compile daily monitoring report for institution
Conduct daily monitoring of traditional and social media
Draft summaries explaining media articles
Develop social media posts for daily clips of interest
Flag notable hits to leadership and social media team
Curate bi-weekly media report for leadership
Review monitoring reports to select top hits
Draft brief summaries, develop emails for Directors, and help facilitate approval process
Pitch institutional stories for newsletter
Compile editorial stories and links
Track media results for yearly report
Daily input and tagging of articles
Conduct monthly reviews for annual report
Provide logistical support for on-campus filmings
Review and assess filming requests
Provide media team with logistical support
Provide media team administrative support
Answer the External Affairs’ media line and PR email
Assist the media team with day-to-day requests and projects
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
· Communications or public relations experience (1-3 years) in a PR agency, academic or
healthcare setting. Journalism background is beneficial, but not required.
· College degree in English, journalism, communications, or related field.
Skill and Abilities
· Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact with multiple constituencies and exercise diplomacy.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Previous experience in media monitoring software is beneficial, but not required.
· Excellent writing, verbal and oral communication skills.
· Creative and thinker and problem solver; ability to think critically.
· Demonstrated ability to exercise standards of professionalism.
· Demonstrated organizational skills, ability to pay close attention to detail and juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY