Summary of Position
Transportation Alternatives is a nationally recognized non-profit focused on transportation issues in New York City. TransAlt has over 150,000 supporters committed to reclaiming New York City’s streets for people by ensuring that every New Yorker has safe space to walk, bike and access public transportation. Every day, all over the city, we’re working to make New York City’s neighborhoods safer and restore a vibrant culture of street life.
The Digital Production Assistant is a member of the Transportation Alternatives Communications team. He or she will create and customize digital assets, including emails, newsletters, rsvps, and action alerts, within Convio Luminate Online. The Digital Production Assistant ensures that testing is completed on each web asset to ensure that users are able to use them without problems.
• Formatting and sending HTML emails and newsletters using Convio Luminate Online
• Creating online surveys, event ticketing pages, advocacy e-actions, team raiser events and donation forms using Convio Luminate Online
• Testing and gaining approvals for the completed e-mail from all of the relevant teams
• Creating the target and suppression groups for the emails based on emailing standards
• Scheduling the e-mail and producing reports regarding its performance
• Documenting best practices and processes
• Convio Luminate Online inventory maintenance on a regular basis
• A degree in computer science, software engineering, web design or related field. Relevant experience (1-3 years) can substitute for a degree.
• Basic knowledge and experience in Internet technologies (e.g. HTTP, DNS, browsers, servers)
• HTML, CSS, HTML email formatting, Convio Luminate Online (including the Convio API)
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all level
• Curiosity about new technologies and digital trends
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Adobe Suite and graphic design skills
• Drupal, WordPress, or other CMS
• Gmail, Google Apps, and Microsoft Office Suite
• HTML5, CSS, and HTML email, with an understanding of responsive design preferred
• Excel, Salesforce, databases, and other CRMs
• Commitment to NYC
• Comfort working independently in a fast-paced campaign environment
• A sense of humor
How to apply
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Digital Production Assistant” in the subject line.
No phone calls or walk-ins, please. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Please submit required hourly rate of pay
Transportation Alternatives is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local law. We value having diverse staff in gender, ethnicity, background and modal preference.