The James Beard Foundation is a national non-profit organization with the mission to celebrate, nurture, and honor chefs and other leaders making America’s food culture more delicious, diverse, and sustainable for everyone. The Foundation accomplishes this mission through a variety of programs including maintaining the James Beard House as a performance space for chefs, awarding the James Beard Awards each spring, providing scholarship funds to deserving students in support of their culinary education, convening thought leaders at our annual food summit, recognizing individuals creating a better food world through our leadership awards, and providing policy and advocacy skills training to the culinary community through our Chefs Boot Camp for Policy and Change program. Generous corporate partners engage in experiential and digital activations with the Foundation to support many of the above programs.
Our Foundation is seeking a Sponsorship Marketing Manger. The successful candidate will work hand-in-hand with the publications and editorial, programming, sales, legal, accounting, and special event production departments to execute innovative, best-in-class sponsorship activations across JBF events and channels that deliver on a sponsor’s investment.
The ideal Sponsor Marketing Manager is extremely organized and detail-oriented, and comfortable working with diverse internal and external stakeholders. They will be responsible for a variety of administrative and account management tasks related to the maintenance of the Foundation’s corporate partnerships. Duties include coordinating and tracking partnership deliverables with event production and digital/social teams, preparing and editing wrap reports, prospect research, coordinating sales team meetings, and tracking sales efforts of the sales team.
For more information about our JBF, please visit www.jamesbeard.org
· Excellent time-management and organizational skills
· Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office
· Social media savvy with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest
· Experience in sponsor/client relationship management and sales Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
· Extremely detail-oriented
· Team-oriented with a willingness to contribute where/as needed
· Interest or experience in the culinary arts desired
· Coordination, tracking, and reporting on sponsor deliverables across events, digital, and social platforms
· Liaise with sponsors regarding their benefits and scheduling
· Ensure implementation of agreed upon sales team procedures
· Maintain sponsor sales tracking
· Schedule and organize sales team meetings and maintain agendas/notes
· Assist with sponsor proposal creation
· Prospect research
• Manager-level position with opportunity for growth
• Full Benefits
Sponsorship Marketing Manager reports to the Vice President. Candidates meeting the above qualifications should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org