Impact Hub Oakland is a vibrant community of socially engaged people who are committed to creating a better world. We enable purpose-driven people to grow and thrive by creating access to transformative ideas, supportive relationships, serendipitous encounters and business expertise. We provide an onramp for diverse populations to incubate new mission-driven businesses, and create local jobs and global solutions. This is a place of convergence where people who are creating a thriving, just and sustainable world come to co-work, co-learn and collaborate.
Position Title: Member Accounts Specialist
The Member Accounts Specialist is responsible for ensuring that all membership systems for onboarding, billing and offboarding are working seamlessly in coordination with each other and related external systems. This position engages internal and external stakeholders to generate an accurate and timely flow of quantitative and qualitative membership data and reports to the organization. Familiarity and engagement with all stakeholders, especially members, as well as systemic view of the organization, its business and social context are key components of this position. Member Accounts Specialist reports to the Community Manager and may also be assigned with training and managing staff, interns, and/or volunteers to fulfill special projects and mission critical tasks.
The Member Accounts Specialist is responsible for the following areas and daily activities:
Member Data and Relationships Management
This role is responsible for maintaining the backend member and contact database and serving as the “owner” of our MRM (member relationship management) system for all coworking and office members. This includes, but isn’t limited to the following:
● Review membership data on an ongoing basis and maintain database
● Regularly review exception reports to maintain database integrity
● Support membership sales strategy initiatives of the Community Manager by conducting
surveys about member needs, and interests
● Support marketing efforts by providing contacts and leads (e.g. providing contact details
for former members, or members with a specific membership level).
Member Service and Issue Resolution
This role is responsible for resolving all billing issues and updating recurring billings for our office suite holders
● Researching and resolving billing issues and disputes, including reconciliation of accounts receivable
● Collection of accounts receivable
● Communication with members to update declined and expired credit cards
● Responding to hibernation and special arrangement requests from members
● Generating and refunding invoices
● Proactive communication and hands-on training with members to resolve billing and
online account issues in a timely manner
This role has a key responsibility to produce metrics and membership reports for Impact Hub Oakland staff that are insightful and actionable, and plays a key role in providing the information needed to develop strategy and execute marketing campaigns.
● Produce weekly reports to show an accurate and informative picture of member health and history, including new members, terminals, churn rate, billing delinquency, growth rates
● Provide metrics and reports to guide decision-making and strategy
Training and Documentation
This role has the responsibility to maintain documentation on our backend billing systems and ensure that key staff are trained and informed of updates and new functionality. This includes, but is not limited to:
● Prepare and annually update procedures report, including a flow chart and descriptions of systems used
● Train staff and interns on use of systems and documentation
You are committed to Impact Hub Oakland’s mission to connect, inspire and enable our members to create impact for a better world. In addition, you are:
● A professional with significant experience and history as a customer service superstar, complete with an upbeat personality, excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and high social/emotional intelligence.
● Highly proficient in database systems, including data entry, data manipulation, building queries, and report generation,
● Has experience in billing & A/R collection
● An expert in Excel, including programming formulas and spreadsheet manipulation, and generally excellent at working with numbers, spreadsheets and math.
● Awesome at data analysis and delivering insight that can guide decision making through creating reports for a wide range of audiences.
● Someone who takes joy in working collaboratively with your team members, and
understands that it takes everyone working together to create an exceptional member’s
experience and a successful business.
● Organized, detail-oriented, action-oriented, efficient adaptable and entrepreneurial.
● Mission-driven, self-directed, with loads of integrity and a positive attitude.
● A creative problem solver, willing and able to work independently and collaboratively , and comfortable with responding quickly and flexibly to changing deadlines, conditions and situations
● Experienced in training users on data systems, and documenting procedures and policies
● Computer proficient with experience with basic computer platforms (gmail, excel, word, Google drive, etc.). Ideally has experience with Authorize.net. Easily learns new platforms and without hesitation.
Work Schedule & Arrangements: Full time position, working normal business hours
Impact Hub Oakland is an equal opportunity employer and places a high value on workforce diversity. We want to have the best available person in every job. Impact Hub Oakland policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination against a person who is perceived to have any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
HOW TO APPLY