Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, this position is responsible for managing Philharmonia’s Annual Fund programs, donor event planning and execution, and departmental systems. The Annual Fund & Events Manager will also provide significant support for the organization’s annual Gala and Auction. The candidate should have the appropriate experience to make decisions and work independently, and has already worked in fast-paced Development departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Primary responsibilities include management of the Annual Fund programs, including direct mail, telefunding, and subscription renewal add-on campaigns and coordinates all donor benefits and fulfillment.
• Produces key reports from the database to analyze annual fund performance and pull other data such as donor listings for concert program books.
• Oversees gift processing, acknowledgement, and donor benefits systems for the Annual Fund and other campaigns; works with the Office Coordinator to ensure timely processing of gifts and acknowledgments.
• Responsible for managing technical functions for Annual Gala and Auction, such as auction item management, auction catalog coordination, Powerpoint presentation, day-of technical coordination and other logistics. Attends all Gala Committee meetings and takes minutes.
• Maintains electronic and hard copy individual and institutional donor files and ensures that applications, interim and final reports are filed on time.
• Manages and maintains departmental annual calendar and ensures adherence to deadlines.
• Assists in assembling and monitoring related budgets as requested.
• Plans and executes donor recognition and cultivation events.
• Manages systems for maintenance of donor records and files.
• Participates in direct solicitation of Annual Fund gifts from individual donors, when appropriate.
• Maintains appropriate systems to capture foundation research, sponsorship programs, and new projects. Manages systems for corporate and individual sponsors; oversees fulfillment of sponsorship benefits
• Assists in coordinating individual and corporate acknowledgements and benefits to ensure that Philharmonia sponsors, underwriters and donors are recognized appropriately and efficiently
• Produces and ensures quality and accuracy of donor listings for concert program books by generating, proofreading and editing donor lists and acknowledgements
• Oversees the daily upkeep of donor database records, files, and correspondence to support a professional and first-rate fundraising program.
• Interfaces regularly with executive director, board of directors, and other stakeholders.
• Participates in Development and Gala Committee meetings, taking minutes, editing proofreading.
• 3-4 years of increasing responsibility in an arts organization, preferably the performing arts.
• Painstaking attention to detail and values consistency and accuracy. The candidate believes that accuracy in materials like donor acknowledgments, program book recognition, and sponsor signage is directly correlated with patron loyalty and retention.
• Manages multiple and competing deadlines in a very fast-paced environment.
• Adheres to deadlines and communicates professionally and effectively with managers.
• Must be able to make decisions confidently and work independently. Mature, team-player who thinks on his/her own feet and thrives on making improvements
• Capable of implementing and maintaining systems to improve departmental output.
• Solid writing skills to produce donor communications such as acknowledgment letters, e-news, and minutes.
• Proven organizational skills, specifically with annual fund and event management.
• Knows how to work within a database; Salesforce experience a plus.
• Diplomatic and professional demeanor and ability to navigate a range of stakeholders.
• Must be able to work some nights and weekends for concerts and event
How to apply
Email your resume and cover letter to Courtney Beck at firstname.lastname@example.org and specify “Annual Fund & Events Manager” in the subject line of your response. No phone calls please. Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer.