Atlanta Audubon seeks an Administration & Finance Manger to lead financial and small-business activities, managing a roughly $700,000 annual budget, and play an integral role in advancing the organization. This is a new position at Atlanta Audubon. With a rapidly growing organization, a high priority for the Administration & Finance Manger will be to work closely with the Executive Director and other staff to upgrade and improve current systems to be more efficient and informative. S/he will process all accounting transactions, and will maintain a system of controls to ensure accountability in collection of fees and in appropriate the use of assets. S/he is responsible for timely and accurate financial reporting. The Administration & Finance Manager will also be responsible for general office management and human resources management. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Process accounting transactions including billings, accounts payable, bank deposits, online and phone transactions through donor database, donations, collections, and cash receipts.
Prepare, analyze, and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner and oversee all financial, project/program, and grants accounting. Support staff in budget management.
Work with the staff to merge the accounting system with membership data base.
Coordinate and lead the annual audit process; liaise with audit committee and external auditor.
Oversee and lead annual budget planning in conjunction with the Executive Director; review financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep executive leadership abreast of the organization’s financial status.
Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting including bank statement reconciliations.
Maintain online store sales, fulfillment, and inventory. Track, file, and pay sales tax quarterly.
Liaise with payroll company to ensure up-to-date and accurate payroll, tax payments, and compliance. Record payroll into Quickbooks.
Oversee and maintain consultant contracts and fiscal management agreements.
Manage the filing of the 1099-Misc for consultants.
Update, create, and implement necessary business policies and accounting practices.
Manage and review organizational insurance coverage, professional registrations and licenses.
Further develop Atlanta Audubon’s human resources benefits and administration, including maintaining records and personnel manual, and developing a retirement contributions program.
Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations. Provide first line of phone and in-person customer service.
Other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
• Grow and strengthen the internal organization of Atlanta Audubon; help us become more efficient and sophisticated in our financial processes and reporting.
• Timely and accurate reporting.
• Demonstrate initiative and teamwork to move the organization forward.
• Establish strong and constructive relationships with staff, board, volunteers, and members.
• Excellent communication and attention to detail.
• Enthusiastically promote the mission and vision of Atlanta Audubon.
• Minimum 5 years of professional experience in accounting and financial management, including experience in budgeting, finance, daily accounting activities, and accounting oversight and controls. Nonprofit experience a plus.
• High proficiency and professional experience in Quickbooks and Microsoft Office a must; experience with donor database integration a plus (Atlanta Audubon uses NEON CRM by z2 systems).
• Experience in final responsibility for the quality and content of financial data and reporting.
• Highly organized and able to juggle multiple demands in a dynamic and growing organization.
• Demonstrated capacity as a systems thinker while operating with excellence in mind in all matters.
• Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humor. Customer service oriented.
• Experience managing human resources a plus.
• Interest in wild birds and their conservation a plus.
Status, Pay & Benefits
The successful candidate will be hired as a part-time employee for 25 hours per week. The employee will conduct the majority of work at the Atlanta Audubon office at 4055 Roswell Road, Atlanta 30342. An occasional night or weekend assignment may be required. $26,000-29,500 starting annual salary plus 60 hours of paid time off, health insurance reimbursement, and professional development opportunities.
60 hours of paid time off, plus sick time
health insurance reimbursement
professional development opportunities
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY